This Event Is Now Closed.
This is the entry portal for 2017/18 Tasmanian Open and Masters Track and Field Championships (including Under 20 5000m) to be held from 23 to 25 March 2018. There are separate entry point for athletes who are currently registered (full year) with Athletics Tasmania, for those currently registered with TMA or another masters association and a further entry point for others. Please be sure to enter via the correct point for the athlete's current status.
If possible please complete your entry on line. If this is not possible for you, please contact the AT office and provide the relevant information and arrange to pay the applicable entry fees. There is no paper entry form. Contact details are as follows: email@example.com or phone 62349551
Late entries (in accordance with the principles in the applicable Technical Regulations) will not be offered on-line. Contact must be made directly with the AT office in person or by phone or email.
If you are experiencing problems completing this on-line entry form contact firstname.lastname@example.org with full details of your issue and a telephone number for contact.
If you wish to enter a second eligible age group, please complete and pay the first age group and start a second log in for the additional age group.
- All events shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of the IAAF, Athletics Australia and Athletics Tasmania and for masters events where applicable, those of TMA, AMA and WMA.
- Please enter for each event by indicating in the event box and placing your best performance since 1.10.17.
- Entries will close at 10.00pm on Tuesday 20 March 2018. Entry fees for open and under 20 events should be paid on line. The cost is $11.00 per event. There is no charge for athletes entering masters events via this online system. Championship entry payments are made directly to Tasmanian Masters Athletics in the usual way. Please note - refunds will not be given under any circumstances.
- Late entries will be accepted up to 12 noon on Friday 23 March 2017 under the AT Policy guidelines. An additional Late Entry Fee of $11.00 per event will apply to ALL entries received after the initial closing date.
- Entries on the day of competition will be considered in accordance with the Technical Regulations. Late entries will only be accepted where acceptance does not require the conduct of an additional round in the event or the re-instatement of a cancelled event (and there is a place available in the event) or the Competition Director deems there has been a procedural error.
- Athletes must be full “all year” members of Athletics Tasmania (or another Member Association of Athletics Australia or any other IAAF Member Federation) be age eligible - see below. Athletes competing in Masters events must be a member of Tasmanian Masters or the equivalent masters association in another state or territory.
- Age Qualification – For under 20 events all competitors must be under the age as at 31 December, 2017. In masters events athletes will compete together although where necessary more than one race may be conducted in track events. Medals will be awarded according the standard masters age classifications.
- Provided they are age eligible (see rule 10 below), athletes may enter in the open championships even if they have already competed in the event in one or two age groups in the Tasmanian Age Championships.
- No athlete born after 2004 shall be permitted to compete in any track event longer than 3000m or in the steeplechase or hammer throw. An athlete must turn 16 years of age in 2018 to compete in events of distance in excess of 5000 metres. However an athlete aged 13 years on the day of competition may compete in a 5000m race walk championship. An athlete aged 14 or 15 years on the day of competition may compete in the 10000m race walk championship.
- In order to compete at these championships an athlete must have had their thirteenth birthday, subject always to the further restrictions outlined above. Athletes born after 25 March 2005 cannot compete except in relays.
- Event confirmation will take place in accordance with the technical regulations. All athletes and coaches should ensure that they are familiar with these regulations which together with the timetable, other event news and policy information are available on the web site on www.tasathletics.org.au .
- Athletes with a para-athlete classification and wishing to compete with such classification must indicate their existing or expected classification in the relevant box on the entry form. Para-athletes will in general where circumstances permit compete simultaneously with other athletes in each event entered.